Von Maur Part Time Sales Associate – Shoes
Posted: April 5, 2021
Von Maur was founded in 1872 with two simple goals – provide a wide selection of quality merchandise and establish excellent customer service principles by treating every customer like family. Since then, Von Maur has deliberately and steadily grown and expanded the variety of services offered to our customers. Our wide range of customer services includes free delivery, complimentary gift wrapping, no-questions-asked customer return policy, alterations, and an interest-free charge card. Today, 35 Von Maur stores are scattered across 15 states: Alabama, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, and Wisconsin; and we’re still expanding. Our corporate headquarters and e-commerce facility are located in Davenport, Iowa.
The integrity and values that have pleased our customers for generations also make Von Maur a wonderful place to work. We value the diversity of our employees and each associate contributes in a unique way to our customer’s experience. Von Maur employees are friendly and have a passion for customer service. Being a part of our team requires dedication, enthusiasm, and flexibility. Associates are empowered to make decisions, acting in the best interest of the customer.
Our company culture is characterized by a promote from within philosophy. We hire people with the intent to promote them as far as their ability and ambition will take them.
Von Maur provides high-quality jobs with excellent benefit packages that have a positive impact on the health, happiness, and future of our associates and their families.
A Sales Associate – Shoes provides various selling services to customers, both in-person and over the telephone. Primary job responsibilities of a Sales Associate include the following:
- Provides excellent customer service.
- Sells at or above sales goals maintains account solicitation and non-selling goals.
- Develops and maintains a listing of customers through the Customer Follow-Up Program. Contacts customers via telephone and written communication.
- Learns about products in the department and other areas of the store, in order to provide better customer service and to work in other areas as needed.
- Unpacks, displays, and maintains the condition of department merchandise.
- Utilizes time before and during store hours to perform row maintenance in the stock room.
- Maintains assigned rows by ensuring all shoe runs are correctly sized, aisles are run by color and alphabetically by vendor and ensures each shoe is represented on display.
- Completes additional responsibilities with each shoe sale transaction – writes employee number on box lids and ensures the shoes are correct in each box.
- Cleans and maintains the department and stock areas, including dusting fixtures and sweeping the floor.
- Must be available to work a rotation of day, evening, and weekend shifts. May be scheduled to work 6 days a week and up to 8 hours a day during peak department business times.
What Makes Von Maur a Great Place to Work
- Competitive wages in the retail industry.
- Commission incentive – the more you sell the more you make!
- Promote from within philosophy – creates endless career opportunities!
- Generous merchandise discount
- Comprehensive benefits package – we have you and your family covered!
- 401(k) retirement plan
- No extended holiday hours
Apply for this job online at https://careers-vonmaur.icims.com/jobs/19489/part-time-sales-associate—shoes/job
Von Maur is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Regardless of race, color, age, marital status, religion, gender, sex, national origin, genetic information, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability or any other status protected by law, our practice is to ensure equal opportunity for each individual.