Retail Sales Associate at VisionWorks
Posted: June 1, 2021
Full Job Description
Engage and participate in patient/customer journey as dictated by business and location demands including but not limited to: assisting in preliminary testing, assisting in OD exam transition, selling eyewear, and dispense/ship. Sell eyewear products and services utilizing the Company selling strategy to serve the Customer’s needs and deliver daily and weekly sales goals. In addition to patient/customer facing responsibilities, associate will execute routine operational functions such as: merchandising, maintaining supplies, shipping orders, ensuring health regulations per COVID-19.
1. Assist in preliminary testing data collection (pre-test) as dictated by business needs. Utilize Patient Flow form and entering in EMR
2. Assist in transitioning assigned patients to/from OD to sales floor and ensure comprehension of exam, answer questions as needed
3. Identify customers’ needs/lifestyle selling, offering current promotions, multiple pair offerings, obtaining prescription, offering our Unbeatable Price/Money-Back Satisfaction guarantee, etc.
4. Responsible for shipping orders, final inspection and packaging of ordered eyewear
5. Complete sale and ensure accuracy of patient information
6. Inform patient ship-to-home provided for all glasses and contact lenses
7. Complete company required training programs
8. As required by changing business needs, complete additional responsibilities as assigned
9. Refer customer service issues that cannot be solved to the next scheduled member of the management team
Related experience preferred, but not necessary
Optical or customer/patient experience preferred
HS diploma, GED or equivalent related job experience
- Ability to work a completely flexible work schedule including nights and weekends
- Work changing schedules to meet business demands
- Work inside location
- Strong organizational skills
- Speak clearly and effectively
- Calculate, manipulate, and interpret numbers/data
- Read English
- Problem solve, reason and resolve issues effectively
- Meet customer expectations
- Work under stress with interruptions and deadlines
- Think logically
- Follow procedures and instructions
- Use computer effectively and view computer screen
- Exhibit empathy in all situations
- Attention to detail
- Bend and stoop continuously
- Reach above shoulder continuously
Essential Responsibilities related to Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is required to stand, use hands and fingers to handle, feel, pick or pinch, and talk or hear most of the time. The associate is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. The noise level in this location is moderate (use of computers, printers and machines).
Essential Responsibilities related to Behavioral Characteristics:
- Must be detail orientated and well organized.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with other associates and clients.
- Must be energetic and self-motivated.
- Must be a team player.
- Must be able to problem solve.
- Ability to work onsite and participate in interactive onsite meetings on a regular and predictable basis.
- Ability to initiate immediate interaction, coordination and collaboration with team members, clients, customers etc.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $12.00 – $18.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay
- Willing to consent to drug screening and/or background check?
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- One location